At Winters your Property is our Priority!
At Winters your Property is our Priority!
Finding a place to rent can often be a stressful and time-consuming process.
Winters Property Management has a dedicated letting team who will reduce the stress for you and help you find your home, whether you’re an individual looking for a one bedroom apartment or a family/group looking for a three or four bedroom or larger dwelling.
You tell us what you are looking for and we will do the rest.
- Location: What area suits you best: city centre, suburbs, rural?
- Traffic levels: Consider your commute to work or college every day. Maybe travel this route at peak hours.
- Price: When considering your budget, bear in mind utility costs, taxi fares for a night out, bus fares etc.
- Type of heating: Is the property heated by gas, electric or oil?
- Parking: Do you need parking, and for how many cars?
- Bus route: How far away is the closest bus stop?
- Bicycle racks: Is there a bike rack for you to chain your bike to, as a lot of landlords will not allow you to keep your bike indoors in case of damage to walls?
- Property type: House or apartment? Detached or semi-detached? Ground floor or first/second floor – what are the pros and cons for your requirements?
- Garden: Do you need an outdoor space?
- Rent allowance: Are you in receipt of rent allowance? Is the advertised rent per month within your CAP as, if not, your application to your Community Welfare Officer will not be accepted. Always enquire if the property you are interested in accepts rent allowance.
- Schools: Are there suitable schools close by with availability for your child at present?
- Bathrooms: Are there enough bathrooms in the property to suit your family/house-share?
- Alarm: Is it important to you that the property is alarmed?
- Facilities: What is important to you: wheelchair access, dishwasher, lift, parking, mobile phone reception, choice of TV/broadband service?
- Lease period: Make sure you can fulfil the lease period required, i.e. 6 months, 1 year, etc.
- Furnished/unfurnished: Do you need a fully furnished, partially furnished or unfurnished property?
TIP: Make your list in order of your priorities, but be prepared to be flexible: you’ll seldom be able to tick every box, but with the Winters Letting Team on your side it’s not impossible!
In order to apply for a property for rent, our office must receive a completed Application Form along with all required references. Please refer to the Requirements for Tenancy document for a full list of requirements. The list below is a summary of what’s required to be submitted with your application.
- Fully completed Application Form
- A written employer reference and a written landlord reference
- Photo ID
Once all of the above has been submitted to Winters Letting Department (in person or emailed to email@example.com), your application will be forwarded to a landlord for review.
Download relevant documents below:
Q: How do I arrange to view a property?
A: To arrange a viewing of any of our listed rental properties, just call us on 091-771898 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate your requested day and time for a viewing, or inform you of the next available appointment day and time for that property.
Q: How do I apply to rent a property I have viewed?
A: Simply complete the application form provided to you by the letting agent at the viewing (or download and complete an application form on this page), attach the requested written references, and return them to our office by scan & email, by fax or by hand delivery as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know if my application has been approved?
A: Once we have processed your application, confirmed your references and relayed the information to the landlord, a decision will be made and we will call you to confirm that you have been accepted as a new tenant for the property.
Q: What can I do if my application has been unsuccessful?
A: If your application for a particular property has for some reason been unsuccessful (e.g., your application arrived too late and another had been approved), your application will be held on file in our office for a short time. You can collect your application and references by calling in person to our office within this timeframe. We do not accept responsibility for any application which does not reach our office, is incomplete, or has been mislaid.