Winters Property Letting Dept. are a highly experienced, regulated and award winning team of experts who have a vast knowledge on all property related matters including the current Galway rental market, the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB), the Residential Tenancies Acts and Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations.
As industry leaders, we are the largest letting management company in the West of Ireland providing a multitude of packages to suit all landlords needs and budgets. Choose from our fully comprehensive Let & Management service to our more hands-on Let Only package for landlords with more time on their hands. We also have a number of tailored services and packages to offer including Withholding Tax service for non-resident landlords, BER Assessments and Compliance Inspections to name just a few.
Existing tenants can find useful links, instructions and general information here.
If you have any questions that are not answered in our FAQs, please get in touch.
We understand the letting of your residential property has become more and more complex and demanding especially due to the introduction of Rent Pressure Zones and continuous changes to legislation. Our aim is to remove the hassle and stress that comes with being a landlord and to provide our service in a professional and friendly manner. Our dedicated team looks after all your landlord needs from start to finish, from the initial sourcing of the right tenant, right through to the day-to-day management & financial administration of your properties.
Our Landlords have access to their account through an online portal where your monthly remittance is accessible and any time including invoices for maintenance works carried out at your property. Income and expenditure reports are available upon request to assist with your tax return. We have long established connections with local relocation agents, multi nationals, recruitment agencies and the IDA which benefits our landlords greatly when securing the right tenant. Choosing the right tenant is not something that can ever be overlooked and have years of experience in helping and guiding landlords through this process.
All of our Letting Negotiators hold individual PSR licences as required by the Property Regulator. We offer years of experience and local knowledge in bringing you a first class letting service.
The Letting Team consists of our Department Manager, Letting Negotiators, Letting Compliance & Inspection Administrator, New Business Letting Agent, Receptionist/Administrators and a dedicated Accounts Assistant. We believe operating a team-based approach is the key to success to surrounding and protecting you, your tenants, and your property.
Let Only Service
Our Let Only Service is for landlords who have sufficient time on their hands to take care of any tenant problems which may arise after the initial letting. The Winters letting team were named the 2017 Service Provider Team of the Year at the Irish FM Awards.
Let Only Service Features:
- FREE advertising of your property with photos on our website, www.winterspm.com as well as inclusion on our in-house letting list.
- FREE standard advert on daft.ie and their associated partner sites.
- Carrying out viewings of your property as necessary. We offer flexible viewing times to all prospective tenants.
- FREE inventory list of contents on your property once let.
- Reference checking of tenants.
- Drawing up Residential Tenancy Agreements between you and your tenants.
- A collection of initial month’s rent together with Security Deposit.
- Setting up a Standing Order for monthly rent payment from your tenant’s bank account to your bank account.
- Process RTB registration on your behalf.
- Transfer of utility bills from your name to your tenant’s name where possible.
When you are happy that we have completed these steps, we hand over the property to you, as the landlord, to manage and deal directly with your tenants on all matters.
We operate on a No Let - No Fee basis
Let & Manage Service
Letting Management Service Features:
- The letting part of this service is exactly the same as our Let Only Service with the exception of point (h) where the Standing Order will operate between your tenant’s bank account and our bonded client bank account.
The managed elements of this package includes;
- Dealing directly with tenants on your behalf.
- Providing a 24-hour on-call facility for tenants in the event of an emergency.
- Financial management of your letting, which includes issuing a monthly online statement detailing income and any deductions. Monitoring that rents are paid on time and following up on any late rent payments in accordance with legislation.
- Resolution of maintenance problems as they arise, consulting with you on any major items.
- Carrying out periodical inspections to ensure that tenants are taking good care of your property.
- Conducting a final book out and inspection of your property following the departure of your tenants, including the administration and refund of your tenant’s security deposit, which will be held in our client account for the duration of the tenancy.
- Carrying out rent reviews in accordance with legislation, calculating rents in Rent Pressure Zones and issuing the required rent review notice ensuring timelines are adhered to.
- Income & Expenditure reports upon request.
Commercial Letting & Tenancy Management
At Winters, we have expertise and a depth of knowledge to ensure that we are equipped to manage all commercial property issues that may arise. We not only provide the letting and management services but also the strategic advice and comprehensive and valuable financial and advisory services and we believe in investing in our company and our people to achieve efficiencies for our clients through our infrastructure.
Commercial Letting Services
- Assessment of Advised Letting Value
- Preparation of Property Marketing Details and undertaking a Full Marketing Campaign to include Brochure, Website Advertising, Signage, Press Advertisements, Press Releases, etc.
- Notifying all Agents, Local and National (if required) of the properties availability and outline terms
- Accompanied Viewings of Property
- Obtaining full tenant details (References, Audited Accounts)
- Agreeing Lease Terms
- Preparation of ‘Heads of Terms’
- Collection of Security Deposit
- Collection of First Month’s Rent
- Liaising with clients solicitor in relation to the Lease
Commercial Management Services
- Collection of Monthly Rent
- Issuing of Monthly Statement and Remittance to Client
- Issuing a copy of all invoices for any expenses incurred on behalf of the client
- Quarterly Inspection of Property
- Acting as “Point of Contact” for all tenant queries
- Arranging all repairs of property reported by tenant that are the landlord’s responsibility. Details of repairs will be provided to the client along with copies of two quotes for works. All tenant queries and repairs will be dealt with in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Dealing with insurance renewals and claims if and when they occur (claims involving the frustration of leases and major reinstatement works are subject to additional fees)
- Monitoring of Lease Terms and Expiries
- Preparing property for re-letting should vacancy arise
- Dealing with Assignments / Sublet applications
- Ensuring tenants abide by the terms of their lease
- Checking out tenants at end of lease to include:
- Final Inspection of Property
- Quantifying Deposit Deductions
- Meter Readings for utilities and transfer of accounts to keep live
- Refunding Deposit in timely manner
- Preparation of Annual Income and Expenditure Summaries for Tax Purposes
- Refurbishment of Property (supervision, specifying & tendering of major works will be subject to additional fee)
- 24 Hour Emergency Service and an approved contractor support network
Letting Office Manager
Deirdre is with the business since 2005, in 2007 she joined the letting team as Administrator dealing with all aspects of the Letting service. From there she was promoted to Letting Agent and she took on the role of Letting Manager in 2013. She has a detailed knowledge of residential letting and has built an outstanding team of letting professionals. Under Deirdre, the letting team were named the 2017 Service Provider Team of the Year at the Irish FM Awards. Deirdre is licensed by the PSR and holds an IATA/UFTAA Diploma.
Jane Fletcher Cahill
New Business Agent
Residential Letting Team
Jane joined Winters Property Management in 2002. She initially worked in the Student Accommodation sector within the company and moved to the Letting Department in 2006. Jane takes care of our New Landlords guiding them through the handover process ensuring a hassle and stress free transition.
With almost 20 years’ experience in the property market, Jane has an immense knowledge of the Galway market and a vast understanding of the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations ensuring her initial inspection of your property will be a comprehensive one. Jane has a keen eye for interior design and is licensed by the PSR.
If you wish to seek further free professional advice on your property and discuss our fee structure, please contact our Letting Team.